Saturday 26 April 2014



Since I've got quite a backlog of work I have decided to upload a few select pieces from the past few months. I'm uploading then chronologically, so this is the first. This was not the first piece I created, but I feel like it's the best place to start.

I tend to work in a cycle of doodling and full pieces. This was the first full piece I created in this cycle, and the image below is of the doodle in this first cycle.


Visually I personally don't see many, if any, links between the two pieces. However I think the way I've found my head works best is if I do sometime very scribble like first that doesn't really have much shape or form, and that clears my head so I can figure out what I'm really thinking about. The main piece as pretty much just done on instinct. I wanted it to be bold and I think it fills that requirement. I also think the physicality of it is just as important as the other elements, although it's hard to really see that from a photo.

It was quite hard work, physically. A lot of blending. It's actually pretty therapeutic, this sort of work.

Almost like the therapy is in the making of it rather than in the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment