Sunday 27 April 2014


This piece is a development of a style that I found to be really interesting. One of the first pieces I created (discussed and pictured here) looked at a word that meant a lot to me. I then explored my feelings about the word through colour and texture, using the word as a sort of template. 

There are a lot of similarities about how I feel about the word in this image and the word in the first one. I'm extremely conflicted on both. I have a lot of contradicting feelings, ones that seem to cancel others out. I also have lots of extremely strong opinions about both words as subjects, specifically about how people are treated and thought of by society when part of either subject. 

Visually, I'm drawn to this style. Not only in my own work but also in art in general. I like colour, I like texture, I like art that has a physicality to it. I like to be able to see the artists motions and movements through their art. I like to feel something, and I like to see that the artist felt something when they were creating.

I haven't returned to this style since this piece, but it's definitely something I would like to revisit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment